double-click to edit, do not edit in source
A Welcome Message from the Executive Director
The 46th Annual Conference of the German Studies Association will take place Sept. 15-18, 2022, in Houston, TX.
We are pleased to announce that this year's conference submissions system will be hosted on OpenWater's conference platform. We appreciate your patience while we work with a new system.
Please refer to the important dates below. You can find more information about the conference and regular updates under the "conference" tab of our GSA website: https://www.thegsa.org/conference
2022 Conference Submission schedule:
- Mid to late May: Conference registration portal (including hotel registration link) published and sent to members
- Mid to late May: Preliminary schedule emailed to presenters
- Mid-May: Acceptances sent out to panel and roundtable submitters and individual paper submitters.
- 14 Mar: Seminar participation applications due (a separate call for auditors will be sent out later)
- Click here for Seminar Descriptions
- 28 Mar, 11:59pm Eastern Time: All paper, panel, and roundtable proposals due
- You can log in to this website using your GSA credentials by clicking on the tab in the upper right corner of this page (please make sure you are an active member).
- You can submit your proposal on the appropriate menu tab at the top of this page after logging in.
- If you run into technical difficulties or have general questions, please contact Operations Director Dr. Benita Blessing.
- If you have questions about the conference program, please contact the Program Director Dr. Kevin Amidon or on of the Program Committee members.
- Please note that the 46th Annual Conference is an in-person conference; participants may not attend virtually (e.g. Zoom, FaceTime, etc.).
We look forward to your submissions for #thegsa2022!
Margaret E. Menninger, on behalf of the 2022 Program Committee
Executive Director, German Studies Association